bobs burgers is an example of how fucking funny things can be when yoU ACTUALLY UTILIZE YOUR FEMALE CHARACTERS FOR COMEDY INSTEAD OF HAVING THEM STAND THERE ROLLING THEIR EYES
DO YOU SEE
In medieval culture, an event like a royal christening is not a private party; it’s the public social event of the year. To not invite any person of rank to such an event is a deadly insult.
Maleficent is certainly someone you wouldn’t want at a party, but she’s also someone powerful enough that only a fool would ever dare treat her with such blatant disrespect. The only way the King and Queen could possibly have gotten away with not inviting Maleficent was to not invite any of the fairies at all; inviting the other fairies and excluding her is explicitly taking sides in the conflict between the fairy factions.
Which means they made themselves her sworn enemies, and she responded by treating them as such from then on. If you actually get into analyzing the social dynamics of the scene, it’s very clear that Maleficent was willing to show mercy at first by giving the King and Queen a chance to apologize for their disrespect to her. She doesn’t curse Aurora until after she gives them that chance and they throw it back in her face with further disrespect.
And yeah, if the King and Queen had done the properly respectful thing and invited her, Maleficent would have given Aurora a scary awesome present. Moreover so would the other fairies, because at that point both sides would be using it as an opportunity to show off and one-up each other. What they gave her before Maleficent showed up was basically just trivial party favors by fairy standards.
How do you know so much about the social dynamics of medieval fairies
How don’t you
Yes hello I have tried out adulthood and I have found it’s not really working out for me is it possible to get a refund
I promise it will be worth it. It’s pretty cool.
ღ Follow me for your daily dose of fashion ღ
Official costume bra/lingerie sets!!!
more details + how to order: http://www.sailormooncollectibles.com/2013/12/10/sailor-moon-x-peach-john-collaboration-bras-panties-pjs/
for the love of God, please don’t let booth babes or cosplayers wear these sets to cons as poor excuses for ‘sexy cosplay’ in 2014…
- Akemi Homura: What would you do to save someone you love?
- Chitose Yuma: Would you help someone at risk to yourself?
- Kamijou Kyousuke: What would you most hate to stop doing?
- Kaname Junko: Do you give good advice?
- Kaname Madoka: Do you consider yourself an optimist?
- Kaname Tatsuya: Did you have a happy childhood?
- Kaname Tomohisa: Would you be a stay-at-home parent?
- Kazusa Michiru: Would you save someone who didn't want to be saved?
- Kure Kirika: Have you ever been betrayed?
- Kyuubey: What is your greatest desire?
- Maki Kaoru: Are you an athletic person?
- Miki Sayaka: Do you believe in the power of justice?
- Mikuni Oriko: What do you wish you could have foreseen?
- Misaki Umika: Have you considered writing a novel?
- Sakura Kyouko: What is your most significant regret?
- Sakura Momo: Have you ever gone hungry?
- Shizuki Hitomi: Would you put a friend's well-being before your own?
- Tomoe Mami: What is your greatest fear?
- Walpurgis Night: Do you enjoy being on stage?